A Fast Windows Vonage Voicemail Player

Since we switched to Vonage we've been able to get our voicemail emailed to us. It's very cool, but a strange side effect is that every time I want to listen to a voicemail I have to wait a while for Windows to open one of its many large slow media players... The old media player used to open in the blink of an eye, but that's not the case with the new one.





Fortunately on Windows 2000 and XP, the old media player is still in the default install. So I added a small bat file that launches the old medial player and makes it play a file. When I click on a .wav link (the voicemail format) from my email it plays the voicemail instantly. Here's the contents for the 'voicemail.bat' file I use to launch the fast media player.




start c:windows\system32\mplay32 /play %1


russelldad_blog_tags
_code_