Alex and The Morning

Alex has been getting up in the morning and coming into our bedroom:



Tuesday, 6:13am: Alex climbs into my bed and asks me to bring him downstairs. Half awake I say "Sure, I'll help you down". He climbs down from the bed, walks around to my side and reaches his hand up to my face. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Helping you out of bed."



Wednesday (some ridiculously early hour): Alex sneaks into our room, stands right in front of my sleeping face and says (as if I were totally awake and responding to him, which I wasn't) "Daddy, let's go downstairs!" Slowly I wake, and in an effort to keep him from waking Christine, I strike a bargain with him. "Ok Alex, I'm going to hop in the shower and when I get out I'll take you downstairs. Can you go play in your room till I get out of the shower?" He replies "Sure!", makes his way down the hall to his room and closes the door. A few seconds later he opens his door and sees that I'm still in bed. He walks down the hall, gets right in front of my face again and says "Daddy, get in the shower."






russelldad_blog_tags
_family_