del.icio.us Google Home Page Module Update

I discovered a limitation in the del.icio.us JSON API that was causing my del.icio.us module to drop some of my older bookmarks. Basically it was only giving me the latest 100 tags, and apparently I now have more that 100 bookmarks. So I've upgraded the module to support up to 100 tags with 100 posts per tag using some background AJAX calls.


There are also a few usability changes:



  • When you click on a tag it will display the bookmarks for that tag. If you click on it again the bookmarks will be hidden. I've done away with the little -- link that used to hide the bookmarks.

  • You now have the option to display or not display images next to the bookmark links

  • You get to make a decision about saving something like 10kb from going over the Internet. This is for bit huggers (like tree huggers but much more silly) only. Leave it checked and the module will work faster.



More information and a link to install the module are available here