While sitting in an airport with Mike Lepore we got to talking about how Flickr doesn't support RSS feeds for Photosets. They have RSS feeds for individual images, but we're much more interested in when our friends post sets. It only took a few minutes but Mike came up with a way to make an RSS feed for a user's Flickr Photosets using the existing FLickr API and some know how. He had it online a few days later and with his permission I've integrated it into Flickr SlideShow Lite. So now when you look up a users sets, not only do you get a list of the sets, but also an RSS link so you can incorporate the feed into your favorite RSS reader.
While I was at it I made a few other updates to Flickr Slideshow Lite:
- Flickr Slideshow Lite has been moved to a new home that will persist when I graduate
- Toggle Google has been updated to use the new server
- The Thumbnail view now has forward and back navigation buttons
- The lookup page clears as soon as you start looking something up instead of leaving the old results behind
- And of course, Mike's RSS feeds are available on the lookup and slideshow page
Share and Enjoy!