We started with the question: Which melts first, ice inside the house or ice outside the house?
We came up with a hypothesis: The Ice outside will melt faster than the ice inside. Keep in mind Alex is way to young to be allowed to watch The Empire Strikes Back, so its understandable the Tauntaun reference was lost on him.
We even wrote up a protocol:
- In two clean glass cups place 3 cubes of ice each.
- Label one glass "inside" and one glass "outside"
- Put the "inside" glass on the window sill inside the house.
- Put the "outside" glass outside on the back deck.
- Wait 30 minutes.
- Take a picture of both glasses and compare their meltiness.
- Repeat the previous two steps until one of the glasses of ice melts.