Youth Isn't Always Wasted on the Young

alex_at_the_farmjpg Alex and I had an interesting conversation while I was putting Conner and him to bed the other night. I wrote it down shortly after it happened so I'm pretty sure I got his exact words.

"Daddy, Why do I have to grow up to be big and strong?" I was a little confused by his question but I just answered honestly. "You don't have to, but its kinda nice to be big and strong."

After a short pause he responded "I don't want to. I want to stay little because its fun being little."

I barley got through thinking "Wow that's pretty deep for a 3 year old!" when he finishes by saying "But its taking a long time to grow up so I guess I don't have to worry about it right now."

It got me thinking... Have people who say "Youth is wasted on the Young" forgotten what it's like to be a kid?