Making Juice

This weekend I had a man cold, so when Alex asked me if we could make orange juice, I simply said "We don't have the thingy we need to make juice." Not the most articulate answer or even very good parenting, but I had a man cold I tell you!

Apparently not prompting him with ideas was just what he needed. He went away and came back five minutes later with a plan.

"Daddy. We can peal the oranges, then take them apart, then put them in a plastic bag, then smush all the juice out of them and then we'll have juice."

I looked at him through my man cold induced haze and said "Go for it." And he made juice. He even came up with the idea to use a colander to separate the juice from the "mushy parts." That was a few days ago...


Tonight, while I was cleaning up after dinner, Alex asked if we could make apple juice. I started explaining that we "don't have the thingy for making apple juice" but he didn't even let me finish..

"Daddy, we can peal the skin off with this (he pulled a potato peeler out of thin air) and then we'll put it on a plate and use this (he pulled a metal pot cover out of the cabinet) to smush the juice out."


Why not... "Go for it."

IMG_0999


Alex decided he wasn't strong enough to smush apples on his own so he got Conner to help him...

IMG_0995



After I took the pictures I tried to catch their team work on video. At their age the camaraderie doesn't last long.



Oh well... It was great while it lasted.