Catalog Choice or Return To Sender

The people at Catalog Choice have a tough job. They have to convince catalog providers to sign up to honor the catalogs people decline through their service. Sometimes the catalog companies aren't interested and keep sending me crap I don't want. I was thinking there might be a way to help the vendors get my point.

From now on when I get a catalog I've previously declined I'm going to attach the following "Return to Sender" label to it and drop it back in the mail.


Return To Sender


The idea is to show companies I'm really not going to read their catalog or buy anything from them as long as they persist in sending me unwanted crap. In other words they are waisting money and losing future business.

If you're interested in trying this out you can download the Return To Sender image or a page of them here:

This is a work in progress as I'm dropping the first batch in the mail in the morning. Right now the major offenders are Macy's and Pier 1 Imports.