I am Clark Griswold

IMG_2673Last Thursday night we piled into the car and headed out on a road trip to Story Land. Earlier that evening our lodging had fallen through and we were in a rush to get to a one room hotel in the middle of nowhere in hopes of salvaging the weekend. As I pulled out of the driveway, with my wife at my side, in a minivan packed full of luggage, with three screaming kids in the back I realized that I had become Clark Griswold. And Story Land was my Wally World.


Ok that's a lot extreme. We met up with John, Sara, Emily, Reza, Teresa and Julian and had a great time. We even got into Story Land without taking any hostages! Other activities included playing on a playground, BBQing and, hiking. I fell in a small waterfall while trying to climb out on a rock. At night we hung out, and Reza John and I finished 65% of a Wii game where you shoot rabbits with plungers. It may well be the greatest video game ever made. Here are some pictures from the trip.



Reza and I puked on the tea cups at Story Land. The boys found this to be hilarious.
DSC_0301-1


I got to visit the worlds biggest ion cannon.
IMG_2740

Alex drove us around. He's a pretty good driver.
IMG_2753


Conner made a new friend while we were BBQing outside...
DSC_0345-1


I don't even know what to say about this...
DSC_0351-1


We came so close to a full family photo! Allison was asleep in the stroller.
IMG_2768