The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog

Ever since Thanksgiving I've been looking for my copy of The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog. Once Christmas came I'd all but given up on finding it...

But it's been nagging at me because it's the sort of book that wants to be read this time of year. It's a Christmas tradition trying to take hold...

Today while I was finishing some work in my basement, the book called out to me. Sort of the way Superman's green crystal called him, except without the super powers and red tights. I discovered it in a box of linens that we had stored, and recently reclaimed, from my parents' basement.


It's a few days late, but the tree is still up and I'm still on vacation so it's all good.  After dinner I sat down and read it. 

As I read, the boys were wrestling on the floor and Allison alternately climbed up to sit in my lap and jumped down to show the boys the proper technique for executing a flying hammer kick.

And in the midst of the chaos, once again, the book delivered. A little sad, a lot happy, and funny in all the right spots.  It's a good Christmas tradition...