Things I'm doing for Energy Wasting Day 2009


Energy Wasting Day 2008


Here's how I'm contributing to Energy Wasting Day 2009:

  1. Stayed up till midnight so I could start my cars right at 12:01 am. I'm letting them idle in my front yard all night.
  2. Disabled the screen saver on my computers and am leaving them on all night.
  3. Wrote this perl script to make sure the CPU runs as hot as possible while(1){print "not hot enough";}
  4. Put a humidifier and de-humidifier in the kitchen. Letting them duke it out.
  5. Replaced all the CFL's with incandescent bulbs.
  6. Replaced my circuit breakers with metal strips and dropped the hair dryer in the tub.
  7. Turned the heat up to 86 degress F. Opened the windows to cool the place off.
  8. Jammed a screw driver in the cloths dryer timer so it would run indefinitely. Going on 4 hours now!
  9. Having an endurance contest between my lawn mower and snow blower. So far they've been running for a little over 2 hours without a gas refill.
  10. Recipe of The Day: Refrigerated bottled water shipped from Figi + boiling bottled water from the Antarctic Ice shelf = a tasty glass of perfectly room temperature water.
Remember to do your part this year! Leave a comment if you have any great ideas for ways to waste energy!