Russell Kid-isms

KidsThe kids have been saying some funny things lately.

Allison sitting at dinner
Allison (turned 3 in June): "Daddy, do you know what enunciation means?"
Me (thinking you shouldn't be able to say that yet): "What Allison?"
Allison: "To talk clearly. Debbie [her teacher] told me that."
Me: [Smiling while feeling I'm completely out of my depth with this one.]

Alex on the way home from a restaurant. Alex and I were in one car and Christine, Conner, and Allison in the other. Alex and Conner decided we were going to race home.
Alex: "Come on Dad! Hurry Up. I'm buckled LETS GO!"
Me:  [Taking out my iPhone.] Let me just find some good music for the ride home. [We're still parked]
Alex: [fidgeting] Dad MULTITASK!



On Reading: My Children possess the ability to talk constantly from the moment they wake in the early morning until the moment they fall asleep at night. This is a fact and it has been proven time and time again. Both Alex and Allison have been reading books to me lately. Alex reads the words, and Allison points out the pictures and tells me what they are. Invariably they tire of reading before the end of the book and try to get me to take over with this gem.
Daddy, can you read for a while now? My mouth is tired.


Conner's idea of a secret is to volunteer the exact opposite of the truth. He walked out of school and announced to Christine 
"Mommy, I'm not making you a Christmas present at school!"