Photo of the Week

Last year I took part in the tail end of a photo project for 2012 called the Image Maker's 52 week photo walks. Here's how it worked.
Group members take a half hour walk once a week with their camera. Each week members post one image from their walk to share and discuss. Members of the group have attended photography workshops and photography tours presented by photographer Dan Splaine of Test of Time Photography in Nashua, NH.
There's something very therapeutic about making one image to rule them all each week. I joined near the tail end of the 52 weeks at which time the group disbanded never to be spoken of again. Except in the halls of the NSA Prism program where no doubt my picture from week 3 set off some alarms.

Here are the images I submitted.


Week 1: Conner (center) on the sideline during a soccer game.

Week 2: Found this on a walk through my neighborhood. Lots of great colors before hurricane Sandy came through. This is my first contribution to the Image Makers Group. 

Week 3: I tried to catch the liftoff of 9 simultaneously launched rockets. Turns out they rarely lift off at the same time.

Week 4: Caught this guy at my son's birthday party. Surprisingly cute for a skunk.





Week 5: I was traveling this week and didn't bring my Cannon so I went with the iPhone camera. This was taken after a particularly yummy meal under the influence of a not insignificant amount of sake.

Week 6:  Took this photo of my daughter while we waited for Santa. He was driving through town picking up donations for the local food pantry. The thing I like about it most is that she's looking away from the camera. It feels like a moment of innocence. The face paint was at her request. She'd been asking her mom to paint her face for a week.

Bonus image: Took this in my backyard while enjoying a night around the fire pit.  It would have been my week 7 submission if the group hadn't closed down.    


The full size images are available in my 52 Week Image Makers set on flickr.