Alex's First Time Playing Drums With A Live Band!

Last week we took the family to a party at Leo's barn. There's always live music at Leo's and it's always a great time.  This time something magical happened.

Alex sat down at the drums while the band was taking a break. He started playing the drum part to ACDC's Back in Black and musicians came running from all over the house to get in on some 80's hair band action. The result was, and this is a scientific term, totally wicked awesome.

Christine managed to capture part of it on video.




Alex (10 years old) and I have been working on the drums for a few months and he's soaking it up like a sponge. Even so, I was blown away by how easily he went from lessons to playing live.

The band was made up of two guitar players, John on keyboard, me on bass, and Alex rockin' the drums. Every musical experience I've had pales in comparison to the thrill of playing in a band with my son. What a rush.